Re: Dimmitt

Before the Dimmitt "feeding frenzy" starts, and drives prices up,
I would like to say that it is worth only .50 cents to .90 cents
per gram.  That is what I paid for it a year ago, and that is what
it is worth now.

Where can you get it?  Check with Blaine Reed.  If anyone can get
for you at these prices, he can.

Steve Schoner
AMS

>Sharkkb8@aol.com schrieb:
>
>> Bernd:  Hah!  Beat ya!       ;>)
>
>A resounding bravo from someone who was out in the garden on a beautiful
>spring day and came back with countless thorns of roses and scratches
>thereof on his skin :-)
>
>KEIL K. et al. (1990) The Olton, Texas, H chondrite regolith breccia:
>Paired with Dimmitt (Meteoritics 25-4, 1990, 259-261, excerpt):
>
>Pairing of chondritic meteorites is difficult, because of a lack of
>unequivocal pairing characteristics.  We suggest that Olton is paired
>with Dimmitt, but it should be noted that the Dimmitt strewnfield has
>also yielded numerous specimens of an H3-4, brecciated chondrite called
>Tulia (a) [Tulia (b) is an L6 chondrite clearly not paired with Olton;
>Graham et al., 1985]. Apparently, Tulia (a) is not paired with Olton,
>because it does not contain solar wind-implanted noble gases (Taylor and
>Heymann, 1969). This, however, is a single analysis (Schultz and Kruse,
>1989) that could by chance be of a solar gas-poor area of Tulia (a);
>additional measurements should be carried out before one can be certain
>that this meteorite is devoid of such gases.
>

>Best regards,
>
>Bernd

>Archives located at:
>http://www.meteoritecentral.com/list_best.html