Pallasite question?

Hello list,

Can someone please tell me what the smallest olivine crystals ever discovered
in a pallasite were.  I have collected 52 iron fragments from a new
mini-strewn field which I discovered only two weeks ago.  Collectively they
weigh in at about a pound.  Under a 10x magnification I can see small amber
colored(no distinct shape) crystals(grains) that appear be protruding from
the iron.  These grains make up less than a half of a percent of the complete
fragment and are found in nearly all of the fragments.  Naturally I will be
sending these to the lab, but tentatively I wonder if any of you could offer
your thoughts on these small grains.

I have also found a stone with abundant green hexagonal crystals throughout
and where a fragment is missing from the stone there is a large(1 centimeter)
black hexagonal crystal.  Does this sound like olivine and bronzite to any of
you?

Pulling the sword from the stone and carving my name on the moon(as an
appetizer),
George Nicula

Archives located at:

For help, FAQ's and sub. info. visit: