Re: odd meteorite on eBay

Well, at least you GOT an answer.

<< We'll let the new owners have this piece tested>>
Wowee!   Thanks for your "permission"!   How generous!

<< However, for now, I am simply selling an item of merchandise that
is a "potential" meteorite. >>

Ahh.  "potential" meteorite.  Will you accept "potential payment" for it?

I just wrote "Bill Clinton" on a piece of paper, and I think I'll sell it as a
"potential Presidential autograph".  (I know that's OK, because my brother
recently saw Clinton's handwriting in a Harvard museum, and says it looks
just like mine....)

<<  if it proves to be a meteorite, they will have risked a small amount of
money
and made a lot. >>

...of course, if it DOESN'T prove to be a meteorite, some poor schlemiel will
be
$200+ poorer, and someone else will be $200+ richer, from the fraudulent sale
of a piece of worthless slag.   But evidently THAT isn't problematic enough
to be worthy of mention by this seller.   Amazing.

I wonder if the would-be buyer would be mildly interested in reading this
email/list-discussion?

Gregory

Gregory

Archives located at: