Re: Odd meteorite on Ebay-Earlier post

>  I guess you could still email the seller your opinion
>  of his meteorite (as I have done).

Yeah, I think that's the right course of action anyway.   While we're all
very sensitive to the selling of fake stuff, technically the item still
hasn't been
analyzed as being a meteor-wrong (which it will undoubtedly turn out to
be).  Until it is conclusively judged to be fake, the seller is probably
mostly
only guilty of ignorance, poor-or-no research, and believing too quickly
in the fact that it does bear a vague resemblance to a meteorite, at least
from
a layman's point of view.  I suspect that this guy has already gotten an
earful from
many of us, and has very quickly learned an ENORMOUS amount about
fake-and-real
meteorites from our little community in the last few days, in much the same
way that a
young child quickly learns an enormous amount about cats by trying to carry
one home by its tail.  If, however, this guy CONTINUES to try to sell these
things
under false pretenses, THEN the gloves should come off.   Just my $0.02.
Gregory

Archives located at:

For help, FAQ's and sub. info. visit: