Northeast Sighting

Bob & List,

     I personally witnessed a dramatic fireball between 4&5pm, ascending from
low on the southwest horizon, traveling north-northeast.  It lasted about 10
seconds!  It almost appeared to be multiple fireballs but probably was one
main mass breaking up as it traveled.

     The colors included orange, gold and white.  There were no blues or
greens in this case.  I too, feel that it was not associated with the Leonids
but what do all these sightings mean?  There certainly seems to be a
"grouping" the last few days.

Sincerely, Art Scarselli

Archives located at:

For help, FAQ's and sub. info. visit: