Re: Leonid Reports

<< Oh well, not giving up yet but 2033 looks a long way off... >>

I hate to tell you this, but there will be no Leonids in 2033.  Comet
Tempel-Tuttle is going to be affected by the gravity of Jupiter, and it will
not return to our vicinity for about 100 years.

I guess I have a chance though... people have lived to be 118 years old
before, right?  :)

By the way, the webcast starts in about 20 minutes at www.leonidslive.com for
those of you who are interested.  It is a live webcast of Leonids as seen
from the stratosphere with NASA's "meteor balloon."

But don't give up yet... I just noticed that the Leonid's Live website has
the rate listed at 77 per hour now.  It might not seem like much, but it is
almost 5 times more than what they were reporting 45 minutes ago.  Maybe
there will be a little more activity afterall?  Wishfull thinking...

Archives located at:

For help, FAQ's and sub. info. visit: