Leonids from France

Hi!

While most of Switzerland and eastern France was obscured by clouds
I took a quick decision to drive down to the south of france where
the weather was perfect when I arrived at about 1am local time.

Peak time in my observations was about 2:50 to 3:00 AM local time
(1:50 to 2:00 UTC), with an occasional fireball. I took pictures
using a 16mm Fisheye on my Nikon, unguided with 5 minute exposures.

I'm having the film developed right now and will post some of
the more interesting images on the site, http://www.astroarchive.com,
by mid next week. Check out the messages on the archive site for other
reports. (Click on search, enter something like 'Leonid%' which will
return all articles containing Leonid, Leonids, Leoniden etc...)

All in all it was a very rewarding experience and well worth the
12 hour drive down and back.

If you have any replies, please reply to bi@inside.net.

Cheers

- BaltLists: