Re: meteorite authenticity

>   Are we to assume.......that you are actively
>  OPPOSED to any indvidual or group which suggests to
>   non-experienced buyers/sellers that authenticity is an
>   issue worthy of their consideration?

<< If you are in the group.......yes >>

Thanks for the thoughtful clarification, Joel.  But taking personalities
out of the equation for the moment, and getting back to the
meteorite-authenticity issue at hand, what would the answer to the
question be?
Throwing it out to all, do list-members generally favor, or disapprove
of "grass-roots" efforts to deal with fraudulent meteorite marketing?
Should it be left to some as-yet uninvolved "authorities", or is it
appropriate for members within the community to take the initiative?
Many list-volunteers have tried (to this point anyway) to bring
some clarity and expertise to novice buyers & sellers who appear to
be in need of it, but if the consensus is that this is inadvisable
(or even worthy of ridicule), I suspect that the inclination to help
will quickly wear out.  Anyone have any thoughts?

Archives located at:

For help, FAQ's and sub. info. visit: