Meteorites from Minoan impact event of 1585 BCE

Hello Alex -

While the volcanic explosion of Thira caused a
disruption of the Minoan Empire, it was an impact
which led to its destruction.

The tsunami which the volcano's explosion caused was
funneled by promontories in both Greece and Turkey and
pretty much entirely washed away some members of the
Minoan "empire", or more properly "confederation".
Following the explosion dust also caused an ecological
collapse, famines, and plague, but it was still an
impact which ended the Minoan Empire.

Earthquakes well before Thira explosion had led to its
evacuation, and large numbers of these people on Crete
survived the explosion and produced the Late Minoan
1-B culture.

But the explosion of Thira had also weakened the
"Hyksos" occupiers of Egypt, enabling the Egyptians to
expel "Hyksos", and then the "Hyksos's" Israelite
captives to free themselves.  When these Israelites
then attacked Canaan to secure land, the Hittite king
T'e Hantilish (known as Tantalus to the Greeks)
assembled a coalition force to expel them, a force
which included the armies of the "minoan" survivors of
the Thira explosion.

Astoudingly, this force fell victim to an impact
event, which is recorded in Joshua, Greek myths, and
contemporary Hittite records.  It is interesting to
note that iron prices in the area soon fell
drastically.  With no army left to protect them, the
remaining "minoan" survivors soon fell victim to
invading Mycenean Greeks.

Why isn't this known yet?  Bluntly, many Israeli
archaeologists are fostering a new Israeli national
myth of the peaceful settlement of Israel by
pastoralists around 1200 BCE, and the publication of
raw data reporting the Israelite's invasion and the
associated impact event is suppressed.  But gradual
discovery of Hyksos remains in Egypt, such as last
week's announcement of remains showing the development
of the Hebrew alphabet in Egypt under the Hyksos, is
making these archaeologists' position impossible to
hold, so we can expect the Joshua impact event to
enter into acceptance about 10 years from now.
Discovery of the strewn field from the Joshua event
would of course speed this process considerably.

EP