tangible results (pls delete if ebay-intolerant)

The following quote was recently voluntarily added (by the seller)
to the description of a carved stone item which was put up for
sale on everyone's favorite cyber-auction-site ;-)  as a direct
result of input from the much-maligned group of volunteers
currently under discussion/dissection.  Now, a simple question.
Is the hobby better, or worse, as a result?    Gregory

<< I have been contacted by knowledgeable eBayers that this
item is almost certainly not Ureilite as it is rare and expensive.
I purchased this item a number of years ago and was assured
it was meteorite material but no information was given as to being
material from a documented fall. I placed it on eBay in the belief
that it is meteorite material but may in fact not be. >>

auction was:
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200594139

Archives located at:

For help, FAQ's and sub. info. visit: