Re: Geo vs Astro chemistry was Asteroid, Comet, etc. question

"E. L. Jones" schrieb:

> I have been away for 6 weeks and in catching up on my mail, ...

Hi Elton and welcome back on your "Li'l Acre"

> Iron and Nickel can rarely be found together on earth ... rarely
> is iron found in "native" form but when it is, it is product of
> human industry.
> Matter of factly -- I don't think you will ever find native (pure)
> iron from a natural source on earth. Any time you find it it on
> the earth it will be from human activities OR extra-terresterial.

This reminds me of the  O v i f a k  iron masses (35 tons) that still
keep scientists mystified. Whereas some consider them meteoritic:

(a) because they were found in the same area as the Cape York irons
(b) because of their relatively high nickel content, ...

others group them with the pseudometeorites.

Best regards,

Bernd

Archives located at:

For help, FAQ's and sub. info. visit: