Meteor"wrongs", Meteorite Hits, and Brahin for Sale

Hello Everyone,

I hope the US list members had a happy Thanksgiving.  I visited three
different homes (my parents, my brothers, and my wife's parents) on Thursday
and ate three huge meals.  I even discovered peanut butter fudge - delicious!!

I would like to make the list members aware of a few new additions to my site.

First, I now have a few images of meteorites vs. meteor"wrongs" on my "I
Think I Have Found a Meteorite" page.  More experienced list members may find
this boring but I thought the newer list members and meteorite neophytes
might find it interesting.  Two are easy but the last is a little more
difficult.  Earlier this week, someone commented that you really can't tell
simply from a picture whether or not something is a meteorite and I would
certainly agree but this page was fun to construct nevertheless.  If you are
interested, here is the URL:

http://members.aol.com/wbranchsb/MetFind.htm

No, I don't have an image of peanut butter fudge as a meteor"wrong" but come
to think of it, it does sort of resemble the fusion crust one sees on Norton
County, ummm...

Second, I have also constructed a page dedicated to "Meteorites That Have Hit
Man-made Objects."  I am positive that It is NOT COMPLETE so I need the list
membership's help.  If you know of a "hit" that I have left off, please let
me know.  Pleae also let me know of any list inaccuracies.  I am sure that I
have skipped over a few of the more recent ones.  Please tell me the details
and documentation from a reliable source of the fall.  Here is the URL:

http://members.aol.com/wbranchsb/MetStruck.htm

Third, the shameless commercial portion of this post.  I recently acquired a
few large slices of Brahin, a pallasite found in the USSR in 1810.  These are
very thick and large slices (although the largest have been sold already) so
the olivine crystals won't go popping out on you.  They are also polished and
coated with a clear coat so as to inhibit rust.  They are quite nice and are
only $3.00/gram. Here is the URL:

http://members.aol.com/wbranchsb/Brahin.htm

Anyway, enjoy the weekend.  I'll be getting the home ready for our biannual
Christmas party the following weekend.

-Walter

Branch Meteorites and Tektites
322 Stephenson Ave., Suite B