Re: Meteor"wrongs", Meteorite Hits List, etc.

Hello Ginger,

Russ Kempton has one of the best if not THE best educational meteorite site
anywhere.  He has a glossary with pronunciation guide.  Here is the URL:

http://www.meteorlab.com/

By all means, pay his site a visit.

Regards,

Walter

> The Meteorite Hits list is interesting to me as a relative newbie to
>  meteorites.  Now what I would like to see is a pronunciation guide - for
>  meteorite names and other technical terms.  One hates to sound like a
>  beginner!!  My background is astronomy, not rocks, so I looked in the
>  back of Norton's book hoping to find a guide like the ones often found
>  in astronomy books, but didn't find one.  Perhaps Walter or someone else
>  could make a list or point me in the right direction if one already
>  exists.  Thanks in advance.

Branch Meteorites and Tektites
322 Stephenson Ave., Suite B
Savannah, GA  31405 USA