Re: Meteor"wrongs", Meteorite Hits List, etc.

Hi Walter
I like your "Hit List." Great idea.  I noticed you didn't mention Juancheng.
The Meteoritical Bulletin # 83, July 1998 mentions "One fragment was reported
to have penetrated a roof and landed in a pot on a stove."
Does anyone have a recipe for meteorite soup?
I know there is a couple more meteorites that have hit objects.  I'll look
them up and let you know.
One of the meteorites you mentioned is the Centerville meteorite Feb. 29 1956
from South Dakota.  The roof panel that the meteorite pierced and the
meteorite itself is on display at the South Dakota School of Mines Museum of
Geology in Rapid City.  Stop by if you ever get in the area.  I'll be there
over Christmas and take a picture of it and post a picture for every one to
see.
I'm sure that the date Feb. 29 leaped out at most of you.  Does anybody know
of any other meteorites that fell on leap day?
Mike Jensen
Jensen Meteorites

Archives located at:

For help, FAQ's and sub. info. visit: