No Subject

In "Find a Falling Star", Nininger relates an anecdote about Dr. Sternberg of
Fort Hays who had been a fossil hunter for thirty years. He had never found a
meteorite, but not long after being coached by Nininger, as to how to recognize
them, he found two.

They've been terrestrialized. I quote: "From observations of those that are
known to have lain in the soil a mere twenty to fifty years we may surmise that
a 60-million-year-old specimen might appear as a rather ordinary concretion, if
indeed it was distinguishable at all from its surroundings."

Don

Randy Duncan wrote:

> Are meteorites found in fossil beds? Tomorrow we are going to a place that
> has a six foot layer of sediment. Whale bones, seal bones & sharks teeth are
> the most common finds. We have found a few small rocks in the past. After
> reading about meteorites found in dry lake beds. I was wondering if they
> could be found here also?
> Sincerely,
> Randy Duncan

> Archives located at: