Re: Radioactive

Hello List,

I just got Alex's post after I composed this post and agree with him on the
matter of rare but potentially toxic plutonium particles.

As a veteran of the Trinity site,  I was assured by our government that a 1 hour
exposure on the Trinity site was less than or equal to the exposure one would
get while flying on a transcontentinal flight in one of today's high altitude
airline flights.

The primary  type of radiation emitted from the site is Alpha I believe( a
positively charged helium nculei) .  This is radiation which can be stopped by a
piece of paper and is only dangerous in large quantities and when inhaled.

If  one is getting a "hot" reading from a radiometer/Geiger Counter then perhaps
the scale on the instrument is misset OR one has had the misfortune to have
revovered a piece which has some fission material embedded--perhaps plutonium.

I recommend anyone with trinitie to have it scanned on the extremely remote
chance that this is the case.  I have a fair amount of trinitie and it does not
register in beta or gamma emmissions.  My "Vasoline" glass vase, sold
commercially and made from uranium salts, is more radioactive than any of my
trinitite.

Regards,
Elton
bergrob wrote:

> Hi list,
>
> Several years ago I bought a piece of Trinitite from Mr Kempton he reassured
> me that it was totally safe and absolutely not radioactive. Do I have a
> problem now? Is has my health and that of my family been at risc. I really
> worry about this.
>
> Robert Bergkotte
>
> ----------
> Archives located at: