NYC-Area Lecture: Siberian Crater Expedition

Dear Listees:

Some months back I posted to the Meteorite Mailing List, a brief account of
the 1999 Russian/American expedition to the Popigai impact structure in
northern Siberia, in which I was lucky enough to be a participant.

On the afternoon of Sunday Dec. 5, I will be giving a lecture and slide
show about the expedition, at the Paterson Museum, in Patterson, NJ. I will
also have a collection of Russian meteorites, impact breccia from Popigai
and other material on display. This event is part of the annual end-of-year
dinner hosted by the NJ Mineralogical Society, in association with several
other area rock, gem, and paleontology groups.

The event is free, and will be accompanied by an auction to raise money for
the society, a catered lunch, and various other activities. I'd like to
invite any interested parties in the NY/NJ area to attend this function as
my guests. I already know of a few List members who will be present, so it
could be a good opportunity to meet some fellow enthusiasts in your area,
and have a free lunch!  : )

Please email me for times, directions, etc.

Some of my photographs from the Popigai expedition are available for
viewing here:

http://www.advanix.net/~geoking/popigai.htm

Regards to all, and I hope our North American members have enjoyed a
pleasant holiday weekend. It's been mild and sunny in NYC (!).

Geoff Notkin

Geoffrey Notkin
Senior Art Director
Stanegate Studios, USA
P.O. Box 87,  Jersey City, NJ 07303

Telephone: (201) 435-8888

Email: geoking@advanix.net
            ammonite@aol.com

PROTECT YOUR RIGHT TO PRIVACY

Resist the National Security Council's Echelon spy network.
This is not a joke. It concerns everyone who uses email.
Your government may be snooping on you right now -- "for your
own good," of course.

Learn more about Echelon and email surveillance:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/Digital/Features/spies221199.shtml

Armalite   Hacker   MI5   Plutonium  Smartbomb   Have a nice day Echelon

Archives located at:

For help, FAQ's and sub. info. visit: