Re: Meteor"wrongs", Meteorite Hits, and Brahin for Sale

In a message dated 26-Nov-99 11:40:27 PM Pacific Standard Time,
WBranchsb@aol.com writes:

<< I am positive that It is NOT COMPLETE so I need the list
 membership's help.  If you know of a "hit" that I have left off, please let
 me know.  Pleae also let me know of any list inaccuracies.  I am sure that I
 have skipped over a few of the more recent ones.  Please tell me the details
 and documentation from a reliable source of the fall. >>

Walter

     I was talking with John Lewis earlier today and mentioned the list you
were doing.  I noticed later that you have referenced his "Rain of Fire and
Ice" as one of your sources.  Comparing the two I noticed a number of falls
on his list that you did not include.   Even eliminating the "meteorite
struck a stable and burned it to the ground" entries there are some that
don't make your list.  Specifically "Waseda, Japan 11/10/1823 Meteorite
struck a house  Met. 1, 300 (1963)" and those referenced as Yau, et al.
(1994).
     I was wondering what criteria (aside from hitting something man made)
you used to include or exclude items.  Just curious.

Eric Olson

Archives located at:

For help, FAQ's and sub. info. visit: