Re: New Campos

   <<  I am curious, however, that you leap to the conclusion
that selling small frags of very rare material so that collectors
with a modest income can afford to have them SOMEHOW
"lowers the value of the larger pieces."  >>

If the above hypothesis were true, why would so many collectors
(myself included) want to "trade up" whenever possible?   We who,
like Michael, have small bits of rare & expensive material, usually
leap at the chance of upgrading to larger/better specimens, precisely
because they are more desirable, not less.  And I mean "more
desirable" aesthetically, in addition to "more desirable" from the strictly
monetary-value point of view.   I doubt very much whether the value
of gold revolves around how much of it is in smaller-vs-larger hunks,
and yes, I know that a gold/meteorite analogy is not an exact one,
but similar enough to validate the point, I think.
Gregory

Archives located at:

For help, FAQ's and sub. info. visit: