Re: Most distant Solar System object detected

>What distinguishes what we have come to call ' the outer gaseous planets'
>from what may be former comets trapped in orbit around the sun?
>(Specifically, the large ones, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, and
>Neptune.............Pluto waffles:-)

Well, all of the four gaseous planets (Jupiter, Saturn, Neptune and
Uranus) are huge in size, and are mainly made up of gases like hydrogen and
helium.  All of the comets and Kuiper Belt objects are solid objects
made up primarily of rock and ice.

Ron Baalke

Archives located at:

For help, FAQ's and sub. info. visit: