possible meteorite finds

Hi list, I have a story to tell and some questions.
This last weekend, I went to the river where I usually rock hunt for Agates,
fossils, petrified wood, etc. In looking through the river gravels, I came
upon a rock the had a fossil adhered to the side of it. It looked like a
tooth from the distance and when I picked it up, I discovered it to be a
claw about 1 1/2 inches long. It must be very old, cause it is highly
fossilized. I wrapped it and put it away in my pack. Then as I was walking
around where I found it, I saw a rusted spot in the gravel. I dug and found
a 1 inch by 1 1/2 inch sized rusty piece of metal/rock substance with heavy
cracks in it on all sides. It fell apart as I was removing it from the spot
it had been glued to for a long time. The inside of it, looks like old
blackish metal or rock mixture. I stuck it in a film container and was
heading back to my car when I found another rusted spot. This one was about
half the size of the first one. In looking at them under the 30X pocket
scope, they appear to have slight melting in some of the cracks. The
rust/oxidation layer is about 1/4 inch thick so the actual solid part only
is about 3/4 inch by 1/2 inch on the first one and none on the other one.

I have some questions?
  If I found 2 meteorites or what I think they are meteorites (being a
newbee).
Where is the best place to have it tested. If I send it to the lab, will I
get it back, being they are so small? I realize the importance of the
studies and documenting the finds, so I wish to sent it to a reputable lab
for analysis, but I wish to have it back when they are done. They are my
first finds outside of the Odessa small rust pieces I found last month. I do
not wish to sell it, just add it to my new collection. What should I do?

Archives located at:

For help, FAQ's and sub. info. visit: