No Subject

I wonder what happend in the Bikini undersea atomic tests.  Does anyone know if
high altitude water vapor clouds were formed and how they reacted?

Just my $0.02

Jeff

Phil wrote:

|Did it? Some scientists claim it did but there is little reliable evidence.
|Most meteorologists would tell you that, as the thermal pulse passed over
|the oceans, the water boiled releasing huge amounts of vapour into the
|atmosphere. That vapour would not stay there for very long but would have
|rained out, probably bringing most of the dust with it. The atmosphere may
|have stabilised in just a few weeks or months.

Hi Bruce, Phil, and list,

It has always been my understanding that the debris from a major impact
would plume into the upper atmosphere.  My gut feeling is that the rising
vapor from any boiling oceans, while possibly rising higher than normal rain
formation, would not make it up as high as the existing, spreading, dust
blanket.  Therefore, the dust could not be 'rained out' as it would exist at
a higher level than any recycling effects water vapor might have.

Best Regards,
Julia

Archives located at:

For help, FAQ's and sub. info. visit: