Re: Ghubara - H or L?

Interesting. I picked through kilos of Ghubara at the Denver show and
found only one piece that was brecciated with type 3 clasts set in an L5
host. It is very unusual looking. The host has vesicles as well. Here is
a pic...
http://www.mhmeteorites.com/images/for_sale/ghubarafs.JPG

Thanks Bernd.
--
Matt Morgan
Mile High Meteorites

Bernd Pauli HD wrote:

> Matt Morgan schrieb:
>
> > Yes a xenolithic L5. - Matt
>
> and ...
>
> BENOIT P.H. et al. (1998) The Ghubara L5 breccia and its regolith
> maturity (Meteoritics 33-4, 1998, A014):
>
> The meteorite is gas-rich, and it is clear that Ghubara is a regolith
> breccia with dark matrix and light clasts... We suggest that Ghubara is
> a regolith breccia of moderate maturity, comparable to St. Mesmin and
> less mature than Leighton.
>
> Best wishes,
>
> Bernd
>
> ----------