Re: Bernd: Meteor May Not Have Destroyed Dinosaurs Afterall?

<<
 From what I recall dust in the upper atmosphere does not get "rained out"
 because it is above the altitude where rain clouds form.  Unless for some
reason
 this thermal wave also created high altitude water vapor clouds, but this has
 yet to be proven that this occurs.  High altitude dust has been proven many
 times with volcanos and atomic bombs.<<

High altitude clouds do form....for example noctilucent clouds form at
altitudes of around 50 miles in the high latitudes. I highly doubt any form
of precipitation occurs from these type of clouds that are witnessed today.
But this may simply be due to the lack of human experiences to note what
happens when massive amounts of water vapor is carried upwards in a massive
thermal heat engine? As long as there is a hot bubble of air, it will
continue to rise until it cools and anvils out like a thundercloud. The
cooling of the air bubble is what stops the rising growth of a thunderhead.
If the heat is significant enough, I don't see why it wouldn't carry these
particles into outer space beyond the range of noctilucent cloud formation?
If the particles are small enough, wouldn't solar wind become a cleaning
factor then? And if large enough to fall back like micrometeorites, wouldn't
they be able to filter out on their own due to gravity like the
micrometeorites do today? I understand some folks do record Micrometeorite
activity increase within a day or so of major showers. These drift from the
very high altitudes being discussed here and are noted as being very small.
Yet gravity is able to influence their downward fall in a relatively short
period.
 GeoZay

Archives located at:

For help, FAQ's and sub. info. visit: