Dinosaur Saga

Wow.  I'm sorry if I started something, here.  Seems to be alot of quibbling
over these fine points.  Does anyone suppose,.... that the impact may have
altered the Earth's temperature by, oh say, ten degrees or so, for a period
of , let's presume 100 years?  Actually, 50 years would probably do it.  It
seems to me, that the impact could well have triggered multiple volcanic
eruptions.... lasting decades!  This would certainly have some effect, would
it not?  We don't even have to go into "nuclear winter theories", here.  And
my gut feeling is, that yes, Jupiter probably has at least a "little"
gravitational pull!  Don't you think?
All that aside,..... it would only take an Earth temperature change of 5-10
degrees, over the life-span of the average Dinosaur.... to induce
extinction.

Bruce Yager
bdyager@mhtc.net

Archives located at: