Meteorite

Walter wrote:

> I received this message recently but I am unfamiliar with
> the event. Does anyone know of a fall in this area at this time?

> > I live in upstate New York. In about 1965-1968 a large meteorite
> > crossed the sky in front of our eyes while playing baseball. I
> > think it landed in New Hampshire or Canada, I really cannot
> > remember what the newspaper said.
> >  It was spectacular, I cannot forget the intense colors from
> > the flames surrounding it. We all thought it was going to hit
> > one of our houses. What I am interested in is finding any
> > information on this event.

Hello Walter (expert baby bottle washer :-) and List !

There are three possible candidates:

1) Prince George, doubtful
British Columbia, Canada
53° 50' N/122° 27' W
Fell 1969, August 21, 05.58 hrs (Universal Time)

A bright fireball was followed by a seismic event,
but a search in difficult terrain revealed nothing.

2) Revelstoke, CI
British Columbia, Canada
51° 20' N/118° 57' W
Fell 1965, Mar 31, 21:47 hrs

After a brilliant bolide, a search yielded two small fragments,
together weighing about 1g, about 64 km NW of Revelstoke.

3) Vilna, L5
Alberta, Canada
54° 13' 30 N/111° 41' 30 W
Fell 1967, February 5, 18:55 hrs

Two small crusted fragments, 48mg + 94mg respectively, were recovered
from snow on a small lake 15 km NE. of Vilna, after a bright bolide
had been seen. The path of the parent bolide was well defined in a
photograph by the auroral all-sky camera operated by the Dominion
Observatory at Meanook, Alberta.

Bruderheim, L6, Alberta,  fell in 1960.
Peace River, L6, Alberta, fell in 1963.

Best wishes,