Re: First Gold Basin hunt of the season

goldmaster schrieb:

> The first hunt of the season produced lots
> of meteorite finds and 10 nuggets !!

> ... logged over 70 meteorite finds. The finds
> ranged in size from a peanut to 200 grams.

> After dinner we were treated to lots of shooting stars and
> Dave showed us the andromida galexy (sp?) and the moons of
> Jupiter with his hundred pound binoculars.

Wow! Congrats. And a night under the starry dome of the Arizona night
sky - the Andromeda Galaxy which is "only" 2.2 million light years away
(at our galactic doorstep :-) and Jupiter's cloud bands and the dance of
its four Galilean sattelites under a crystal-clear sky - beautiful !!!

> The evening hour chats are my favorite times when we
> all swap stories and just bs and plan our next day.

That, of course, rounds it off and tops off the events :-)

Thank you for sharing with us,

Best wiahes,

Bernd

Archives located at: