Re: BCCmtrites

re:  << http://sites.netscape.net/bccmeteorites>>

Impactika writes::
<<What do you think of it? Is it real or are they pulling our collective leg?

They did, at least, respond to my inquiry.  While I don't like posting
something
which was only intended for me, I can't think I'm compromising anyone's
integrity in relaying their reply, which follows [slightly edited]:

<< The Lab is Advanced Materials Instruments and Analysis Inc. (AMIA)
labs.....
They did all the SEM EDS and X-Ray Diffraction.... Since it is Boggy Creek,
we used BCC plus the year of find and the number for the order of find.ex.
Boggy Creek Collection, 1996, number 01, becomes......BCC9601. >>

Evidently they have taken it upon themselves to classify/name their
"meteorites"
themselves, so as to be able to avoid pesky details like expert scientists or
the
Meteoritical Society....   ;-)

Gregory

Archives located at: