Re: Meteorite hunting 4x4's

    The best for the money is the Land Rover Discovery.  It's half of the Hummer
with almost all of the off road capabilities.  It has THE highest clearance.  A
big V8 that can tow a house.  It has differential and normal high and low
gears.  I got an automatic so I have 16 gears.  Manual has more, but 90% of the
time mine is on the road.  The good thing is that you can upgrade the interior
with dual sunroofs, heated leather seats, a second rear a/c system and a lot of
other things.
    Off road second market items are easy to come by.  There is an international
Rover club with a magazine.  Snorkels, winches, brush guards, extra lights, roof
racks, et... These are all made just for the Land Rover and are easy to install
yourself.
    You can have an expedition ready Discovery for base price plus $4,000.  Just
like on the Discovery Channel.  I wouldn't trust my life with any other
vehicle.  I would get the extended warranty and planned scheduled maintenance is
required for such a vehicle.  If you keep on top if it the car will do what is
asked.
    If anyone is interested mine is for sale.  It's a white '95 V8i 79K for
$20,500 firm.  It has many extras.  I'm just planning to get a newer model.
Jonathan

Archives located at:

For help, FAQ's and sub. info. visit: