Re: 4X4's

Thanks to all for the responses to my 4x4 question.

I have owned 3 Chev. Blazers from '76 to '90 and currently have a '92 S-10
4x4 pickup. It is fine for having some fun on the beach or light trail
riding, but I wouldn't trust it for a couple of weeks in Death Valley.

I checked out the new VW, but the ground clearance is not as good as earlier
models.

A dirt bike for back-up and escape is an excellent idea.

There is a good article in the Nov. '99 Motor Trend on "7 SPORT/UTES IN
HELL!" for anyone interested.

Happy Trails,

John

Archives located at: