Re: velocity of incandecense vs atmosphere density

alex>>Most forms of burning require oxygen.<<

This is usually true....although oxygen is not a requirement for all fires.
what is mainly needed is some kind of oxidizer. Hydrogen will burn quite
violently in an atmosphere of pure Florine for example. No oxygen is involved
at all either directly or indirectly.

alex>>a bigger question, if fire is your topic, is how does the sun appear to
burn?
There is no oxygen there...<<

I once had a kid suggest to me that we can put the fire out on the sun if we
had a long enough hose from the earth's ocean to the sun.
GeoZay

Archives located at:

For help, FAQ's and sub. info. visit: