Re: MY first Holbrook find!!!!

Hi Kris and List

I Think these folks that hunt meteorites in the sahara have it down to a
science ?? They go out driving around and look for something larger and
blacker than the surounding surface .When they see something they drive
over to it ,jump out of the truck and taste test it to see if it's a camel
turd or meteorite !! I know at holbrook I had my fill of bunney turds !!

Happy Huntin
John Blennert

----------
meteorite-list@meteoritecentral.com
> Subject: Re: MY first Holbrook find!!!!
> Date: Monday, September 13, 1999 6:09 PM
>
> Regarding techniques for hunting meteorites, is there a smart way to
search
> sand dune areas ? I was wondering how they do it in the Sahara, Tunisia,
> Libya area. Search the "Blow-outs ?  It seems that if you searched upwind
of
> the dunes, the area would be recently uncovered and any heavy "objects"
will
> be left behind. Where are the Sahara meteorites found usually ? The
largest
> sand dune in the U.S is 2 Hours away. Anyone ?
>

>     Kris Henkel: Palm Springs Ca.

> Archives located at:
> http://www.meteoritecentral.com/list_best.html
>
> For help, FAQ's and sub. info. visit: