Re: Denver Show

Hi Ginger
I made it to the Denver show today.  I stopped by Holiday Inn and saw a
couple of meteorite dealers.  The first room I stopped by was the Lebenne's
room.  It was probably a mistake to stop there first because I left with an
empty wallet.  If anybody has been in their room before you know what I mean.
 You'll see meteorite types in their room that you have only read about.
Several types of carbonaceous chondrites, mesosiderites, ureilites, eucrites,
howardites and an alphabet soup of ordinary chondrites.  Some of the
chondrites include LL3/L3, H4-6 and many more too numerous to mention.  If
your looking for a cheap but weathered ordinary chondrite this is the place
only 50 cents a gram.
I'm sure most of you saw their ad in meteorite about 99555.  They have a
large case displaying the end cut off the main mass.  The stone contained
vesicles up to the size of a pencil eraser!!  Simply georgous.  It is from
the rarest class of achondrites called...actually I'll let you guess and tell
you tomorrow.
I saw Bruno Fectay and Carine Bidaut (the newest African meteorite hunters)
in the hallway and they said they collected 64 meteorites in two months!
When I stopped by their room it was full of people so I'll give you a report
on what they had tomorrow.
Unfortunatly I had to leave early today, but I know Michael Casper and Blaine
Reed were there, so I'll give you a report tomorrow on what they have for
sale tomorrow.

Mike Jensen

Archives located at:

For help, FAQ's and sub. info. visit: