Beaverhead

Hello Leonard, Bernd and list,

In fact the crater is 60km in diameter but from what I can understand from
Jarmo Moilanen web site it says and I quote: "Now 15km in diameter". So
maybe the actual crater is 60km but maybe by what is left of the crater is
15km????? I don't really know, I never visited that crater.

Can somebody answer this for me!

PS Those interested in shattercones, I have over 10kilos of Charlevoix
shattercones for sale or trade!

Gaetan

>Gaetan wrote/a écrit:
>
>> Diameter: 15km
>
>Hello Leonard, Gaetan and List,
>
>Slight correction concerning its  d i a m e t e r, unless it has been
>updated:
>
>R.B. Hargraves, P.P. Christiansen, C.E. Cullicott, K.S. Deffeyes,
>P.S.Fiske and S. Hougen, 1990, Shattercones and Shocked Rocks in SW
>Montana: The Beaverhead Impact Structure, Geology 18, 832-834:
>
>Estimated diameter is 60 km. Recently discovered shatter cones in
>Paleozoic Belt rocks are spread over a 15 x 8 km area in SW Montana.
>These same shatter cones were noted but not recognized as early as
>1966 (B.K. Lucchitta, 1966, Ph.D. Diss. Penn. State Univ.).
>
>C. Koeberl et al. (1991)Beaverhead Impact Structure - Geochemistry of
>Impactites and Country Rock Samples (abs. in Meteoritics, 1991, vol. 26,
>no. 4, p. 358):
>
>The shatter cones point steeply upward and are abundant in sandstones of
>the Belt Supergroup, covering an area of about > 100 km^2.
>

>Can I now have a shattercone too, please? :-)
>Best wishes and happy hunting,
>
>Bernd
>
>----------
>Archives located at:
>http://www.meteoritecentral.com/list_best.html
>
>For help, FAQ's and sub. info. visit:
>http://www.meteoritecentral.com/mailing_list.html
>----------

Two-Mountain Meteorites & Impact materials
att: Gaetan Cormier
555, 28th Avenue #401
Deux-Montagnes, Quebec, Canada
J7R 6H3
Tel.: (450) 472-1128
e-mail: shattercone@videotron.ca

You can also reach me on ICQ, my number is 38458520
Vous pouvez me rejoindre sur ICQ, mon numéro est le 38458520

If you would like to receive my meteorite price list via e-mail, please
send me a message. Thanks!!!!
Si vous aimeriez recevoir ma liste de prix de météorites, SVP envoyez-moi
un courriel. Merci!!!

Abonnez-vous à mon mailing list sur les météorites (en français seulement)
suivez ce lien http://www.onelist.com/subscribe/les_meteorites

Archives located at: