Near-Live Leonid Watching System

Forwarded From George Varros (gvarros@hq.nasa.gov)
Subject: Near-Live Leonid Watching System

I would like to introduce a new NASA Internet site
dedicated to displaying Leonid meteor images. The
site is called The Near-Live Leonid Watching System
and is located at URL:

           http://leonids.hq.nasa.gov/

Amateur astronomers, or any other individual capable of
imaging or photographing Leonid meteors, are invited to
upload their images to the Near-Live Leonid Watching System!

If you also have Leonid meteor images from 1998, we certainly
welcome them too and hope you can help populate the site with
those photos!  With your help, we can start the show early!

A formal announcement will be made regarding this site
some time prior to the Leonid Meteor Shower in mid November
1999.

Lets hope for the best!!!
George Varros

Archives located at: