**AD** King Sale this Saturday Oct. 2

Hello List,

When I was first contacted by Mrs. King about selling her late husband's
meteorite collection, she told me that she hoped the specimens in his
collection would go to people and institutions that really cared about
them. During the past few months, as we have traded and sold most of Dr.
King's magnificent collection, I have come to believe that we have done
well in carrying our Mrs. King's wish. We have placed several of Dr. King's
meteorites with major museum collections, and many within respected private
collections.

Now, as we near the end of the King Collection sales, I would like to once
again extend my thanks to everyone who has helped to make the sale so
successful, either as a bidder, or just by visitng our web site to look at
photographs of the collection.

We have saved a few very interesting pieces for the end, and have also
acquired a few new specimens, some as a result of a King Collection/T.C.U.
trade. So, I'm pleased to announce that the King Collection Sale #12 (which
will likely be our next to last offering) will take place this coming
Saturday October 2, at 12 Noon, EDT.

Among the items to be presented are: Tishomingo (IRANOM); Udei Station (IA
with silicate inclusions); Sahara 85001 (an early Sahara find, and a
mesosiderite); a small piece of the Estherville mesosiderite (I had five
large slices, all of which were sold at the Denver show); an excellent
Kapoeta fragment and thin section; a thin section of the very rare Bholghatti
AHOW; a fragment of the Montferre, France specimen,and a small fragment of
the historic 1807 Weston, Connecticut witnessed fall. This is one of the most
famous falls in
meteorite history. It is generally regarded as the first scientifically
recorded fall in America, and the one about which Thomas Jefferson is
reported to have made his infamous statement: "I would more easily believe
that two Yankee professors would lie than that stones would fall from
heaven."

We expect to have photographs of these offerings available within the next
day or two. There will be several specimens offered so please visit my web
site for more information about the items in this King sale:

http://www.meteoritebroker.com

For those who have already participated in the sale, and wish to view the
status of the Sale Page (photos are not available yet), you can go directly
to:

http://www.meteoritebroker.com/salepage1.htm

We will also be placing a number of affordable specimens from the King
Collection on Ebay in the near future, and I will post to the List again at
that time. Please contact me via email if you require additional
information.

Sincerely,

Steve Arnold
MeteorHntr@aol.com