[meteorite-list] Re: Meteorites make great wallpaper!

From: ari machiz <a_machiz_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:37:31 2004

Tracy,
You won't run into any problems just for having
wallpaper. JPL doesn't even mind if you use their
graphics for a non-commercial site. This is common
practice though not a given. When you start to use
graphics for commercial purposes, then there is a very
good chance that you will be stepping on toes if you
don't ask for permission.

I do recommend that you check with any person or
company before you use their pics even for a
non-commercial site. The picture use policy at JPL is
clearly marked by clicking on the "Pictures" link and
then the "Picture Use Policy" link. A similar link or
a "contact us" link will be available on most sites if
you don't see a link specifically geared to this
issue.

Wallpaper? Fagetaboutit!

Ari