[meteorite-list] Re: Native American artifacts and meteorites

From: E.P. Grondine <epgrondine_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:37:31 2004

Hello Donald -

    Best of luck to you on your quest -

   I assume you've already seen Bernd's list of other
Native American uses of meteorites - if he does not
send it again, most likely you will be able to find it
in the meteorite list archives - I also assume you've
seen my little piece on North American impacts in
proto-historical times over at Bob Kobres Cambridge
Conference Essay Archive -

   The most exhaustive study of ancient meteorite
terms has been assembled by Karen Reiter "Die
Metalle...(?)", and once again the full citation
should be in the meteorite list archives... see her
discussion of KU.U.AN there before talking about
"heaven".

  One complicating factor in the New York case was
that the museum had been built around the meteorite
and it was virtually impossible to move it - in any
case, Canadian law is quite different than US law, but
fundamentally, stolen religious and cultural property
should be returned to the people who it was stolen
from.

EP

--- Donald Blakeslee <blakesle_at_twsuvm.uc.twsu.edu>