[meteorite-list] Formation age of meteorites -

From: Robert Verish <bolidechaser_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:37:32 2004

> > A thought experiment, if you will: Add together
> > the estimated masses of the asteroids into a
parent
> > body. Assume a comet of the magnitude and
velocity
> > of Shoemaker-Levy strikes this parent body- to
make
> > it a little more fun, call this parent body
planetX

> > EP

Actually EP, it was a "comet" that Velikovsky proposed
destroyed the parent body to form the asteroid belt
and devastated Mars (produced the Chasms), reversed
Earths poles, and eventually became Venus. I thought
Harry was just good-naturedly ribbing you for
"borrowing" from Velikovsky and trying to sneak it
past us.

You've always given me the impression of being a very
well-read person, particularly of esoteric and
not-popularly-held topics. Apparently, the stigma
attached to the Velikovsky name still runs strong in
some archeological circles.

Bob V.