[meteorite-list] "Crashed Through the Roof . . . Steaming Hot!"

From: geoking_at_notkin.net <geoking_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:37:32 2004

Dear Listees:

Here is the latest "steaming hot meteorite" story from eBay. I'm sure
it will be entertaining for some:

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=520761803

Here is the seller's description . . . verbatim!

bjsgear_at_home.com wrote:

"This rock fell to earth in 1924 in Bradford Ontario it crashed
through the roof of a wood shed and through the floor, my friends
grandfather dug it out of the ground still steaming hot! Ithas been a
door stop for the last 76 years, his mom finnaly gave it to him he
just gave it to me and said sell this on the internet. He has no
computer so i said ok it has never been authenticated by any one, so
its buyer beware,the stories is true and my buddies mom is still
alive but is losing here memory ,but my buddie says his granfather
told him in person about this meteorite. thats all Iknow!"

How long, I wonder, until we see some "genuine meteor-burned mud"
from Salisbury, New Hampshire up for sale on eBay?

: )

Geoff N.

Geoffrey Notkin
Senior Art Director
Stanegate Studios, USA
P.O. Box 87, Jersey City, NJ 07303

Telephone: (201) 435-8888

Email: geoking_at_notkin.net ammonite@aol.com
Web: www.notkin.net

We talk about the "whys" and "wherefores"
Do we really care at all?
Talk about the frailty of words is rarely meaningful
When we're sitting watching the planes burn up through the night
Like meteorites

  -- T.V. Smith