[meteorite-list] Best Tucson weekend?

From: Michael Blood <mlblood_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:37:32 2004

Bob King wrote:
> Hello all,
> I'm trying to make plans to attend the Tucson show this winter. To
> keep costs low I'm considering a 3 night stay. What would be the
> best weekend to come down and browse the meteorite offerings
> that many on this list will be providing? Thanks!
> Bob
Hi Bob,
        The famed Birthday Bash will be Thurs, Feb. 1 and the meteorite auction
will be Sat, Feb. 3.
        In addition, the first weekend does not have all dealers there and set
up, while the last weekend has some already packed or packing to leave.
Therefore, I have always found the second weekend by far the more
desirable. (A survey taken a few weeks ago yielded responses
overwhelmingly aimed at the weekend of Feb. 2,3 & 4 - though you would
need to arrive by Feb.1 to make the Birthday Bash).
        Best wishes, Michael