[meteorite-list] Last I knew Geminids...

From: colin wade <ceweed_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:37:32 2004

Hi David & al

I was about to ask the list myself , about the viewing plans.
There,s a good webpage with
http://comets.amsmeteors.org/meteors/showers/geminids.html
there doesnt seem to be a closely defined max ,& predictions are good for 24
hours .
In Qatar i'll be watching on the 4 am morning of the 14th prior to start of
work at 6am , but Ill also have a look on the 13th .
Cloud cover lately's been up to 50% so it's fingers crossed
We had a whole country black out this week ... so I'll switch the elecric
fire on & the a/c full blast to see if the street lights go out .
I still find it hard to reconcile that nations with so many stars named in
their language are so intent on illuminating the night sky .

had a greeeat fortnight .
......first 3 granchildren & first confirmed meteorite find
selling the film rights to spielburg

peace & clear skies

col