[meteorite-list] Fort Worth expert

From: Don Young <dcyoung1_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:37:33 2004

Hi Donald,
We live in Dallas Tx. Not an expert BUT,
We are in the process of arranging a meeting with a professor in
Ft. Worth to take two stones to him for authentication. One from
Forestburg Tx., one from Calif. (refused to leave the dredge sluice
box).
Both stones are magnetic etc. and drive my magnetometers crazy.
A positive determination could not be made from pictures we sent.
We would be glad to get an opinion on your guys stone or maybe
help arrange a metting. Let us know.
We will at the least get to see a great meteorite collection
while we are there.
Don and Judi Young

--
Don Young (Faux-Oro) aka (Fools-Gold)
Have Cesium MagnetometerS
Will travel if you have a Site we can work together.
Have my own US METEORITE HUNTERS index by GPS Lat and Lon
and detailed maps for EACH meteorite..
Dallas, Texas
UPDATED PICTURES AS OF: 02 Dec 2000
My Hobbies: Gold prospecting, Metal detecting and Meteorites
hobby pics:
Meteorites found at Odessa Tx. With mag. Lg 1 at 16"+, sm at 6"+
http://images.honesty.com/imagedata/h/182/08/21820805.jpg
1856 army pistol ball and cap cylinder
http://images.honesty.com/cgi-bin/honesty-image/12391569/cyl12.jpg
http://images.honesty.com/cgi-bin/honesty-image/12391570/cyl3.jpg
Home made dredge:
http://images.honesty.com/cgi-bin/honesty-image/9448307/Dredge2.jpg
(SUCKING UP--a target) Detector and suction hose
http://images.honesty.com/cgi-bin/honesty-image/9448310/Dredgedt.jpg
A little gold in the pan
http://images.honesty.com/cgi-bin/honesty-image/3957183/Cabgold.jpg