[meteorite-list] Weathering locations.

From: Michael Blood <mlblood_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:37:33 2004

--
> Michael:
> Just think though ... except for the effects of water and pressure -
> what a place to find a strew field!!  Isn't it true there are vast areas of
> the ocean's bottom where there is only silt raining down?  If a meteorite
> has not been on the bottom very long - I would think it would stick out from
> the flat surroundings - much like the meteorites in the desert.  Know of
>anyone with a sub so we can go check this out?  Grin...
> Juris
----------
Hi Juris & all,
	I have LONG dreampt of SOMEHOW "catching" all the meteorites that fall
into "the ocean" (the 71% of the earth's serface that is water MUST get
71% {or there abaouts} of the meteorite falls). So far, I have, of
course, failed. However, remember how no one thought man could fly, no
one would ever go to the moon, etc, etc, etc. (maybe "star wars"
technology could be adapted? - probably too costly...)
	If some "cost efective" method could be developed, it would be a GREAT
accomplishment!
	Best wishes, Michael