[meteorite-list] Re: Lunar Property??

From: geoking_at_notkin.net <geoking_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:37:33 2004

Stuart wrote:

>He may have claimed it under US law, but
>the US has no claim on the Moon, so his claim means nothing.

Dear Stuart and Moon Watchers:

Anyone intrigued by ethical questions along the lines of who owns (or
could own) certain parts of the Moon, simply MUST read Robert
Heinlein's science fiction novella, "The Man Who Sold the Moon,"
first published in 1950 and since reprinted in "The Past Through
Tomorrow," and other collections.

Heinlein comes up with a rather clever method of determining who is
entitled to which bits of lunar real estate.

A "rattling good read" as we used to say back home . . . eh Stuart? : )

Geoff N.

Geoffrey Notkin
Senior Art Director
Stanegate Studios, USA
P.O. Box 87, Jersey City, NJ 07303

Telephone: (201) 435-8888

Email: geoking_at_notkin.net ammonite@aol.com
Web: www.notkin.net

We talk about the "whys" and "wherefores"
Do we really care at all?
Talk about the frailty of words is rarely meaningful
When we're sitting watching the planes burn up through the night
Like meteorites

  -- T.V. Smith