[meteorite-list] Lunar Property??

From: Michael Blood <mlblood_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:37:34 2004

Greetings all,
        I really don't know about the "legality," but the "enforcability"
sounds most iffy - but I DO know that I once lived at the edge of the
populated side (near the top) of "Dictionary Hill" in Spring Valley
(sort of an inland suberb of San Diego). It was called "Dicionary Hill"
because back in the late 40s & early 50s, when the place was COMPLETELY
undeveloped for countless miles, a company had purchased the hill and
broken it into "squar inches" of property, so, when someone bought a
dictionary from them, they legally owned a square inch of California.
        Well, even when I lieved there (about 20 years ago) it had become some
of the most desirable undeveloped property in all of San Diego County.
>From the top - and quite a ways down on two or three sides - the view
was to the ocean and stretched from a good deal south of the Mexican
border to La Jolla (about 50 miles of coast, with downtown San Diego,
ALL of San Diego Bay, Coronado & Point Loma right in the center of the
view!). ABSOLUTELY STUNNING!
        And there it sat, and sits to this day, and possibly for countless
decades to come, completely vacant - because NO ONE can use it - it
"belongs" to hundreds of thousands - if not millions - of dicionary
buyers all over the country!
        Dictionary Hill.
        Best wishes from San Diego County, Michael

--
Why is "phonics" not spelled the way it sounds?