[meteorite-list] dictionary hill?

From: E.L. Jones <jonee_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:37:34 2004

Along with the dictionary....you get a deed to a specific Sq. Inch of
land in California-- the deed is an incentive to get you to buy the
dictionary.
But you do get personal property--the dictionary --and a square inch of
"Real" Property as evidenced by the deed .

They are selling and conveying land ownereship, but the convenants of
ownership likely grant you the status of "tenants in common" or "joint
tenants"-- so you can do nothing with the land except by the agreement
of the other owners. These type land deals are usually set up as
wildlife reserves or parks so that there is no tax involved.

I recall a camp ground membership where you got a deed for land in each
of the 50 US States for your one inch. The land was held in common as
collective camp grounds or small picinic parks.
Elton