[meteorite-list] Salyut 7 satelite tanks, information request

From: Mike Farmer <farmerm_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:37:34 2004

Hello everyone, I need some information on the Salyut 7 satellite, the
one that fell in Argentina in 1991. I acquired the 3rd fuel tank from
this satellite today. I need to know if there is any information source
on the internet about this particular satellite. I will have a special
web page built in the next day or two with photos. It is a really nice
piece, with the bottom burned completely through and the other side in
pristine condition, there is only one micro meteorite crater that I
could find though! I would assume that the orientation of the tank on
the satellite could account for that though. Is this a correct
assumption? If the tank is on the trailing side of the satellite, would
it not be far less susceptible to bombardment?

thanks
Mike Farmer