[meteorite-list] Phantom Geminids

From: Ginger Mayfield <chikadee_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:37:34 2004

Hi Dave,

Somehow I forgot to look on Tuesday night/Wed. morning,
which was supposed to be the peak of the shower so last
night I was looking for some stragglers. On my way home
from work, about 8:30 local time, I did see three very nice
shooters in 10 minutes, moving from east to west and
leaving nice trails. Very beautiful but I'm not sure they
were Geminids since I thought they are usually faster than
the ones I saw, and yellow. Kind of hard to pay attention
to details while driving up a mountain. At least it wasn't
snowing. Went out later, after midnight, when Gemini was
high in the sky, and didn't see any at all but didn't stay
out long as it was bitter cold. Too much Moon for good
meteor viewing this year. Stay warm, Dave.

Ginger in Colorado