[meteorite-list] Trade

From: Rhett Bourland <rbourlan_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:37:35 2004

Yep, you are correct. The Egyptians believed that since they had workers to
get their food and do their bidding for them and what not when they were
alive that they would also need them once they moved on to the next world.
So, depending on the period in which they passed away, they would have
either wooden or faience statues made to do their bidding in the afterlife
and be buried with them. The one that I'm offering isn't a very special or
particularly nice one but is still a faience one from the late kingdom
(approximately 600-300 b.c.).

Rhett Bourland
www.evansville.net/~rbourlan